I was born in Newport, Arkansas and raised in Comanche, Oklahoma. After high school, I served five years in the United States Army. During the course of my enlistment, I served as an Airborne Infantry Medic with the 82nd Airborne Division. Upon completion of active duty I began my undergraduate studies at the University of Oklahoma. I completed my dental studies at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry while serving as a dental officer in the United States Army Reserves. Following graduation, I was in private practice for two years as a general dentist and an associate professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry in the department of prosthodontics.
My oral and maxillofacial surgery residency was completed at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. I joined the OMS practice in July 2011. I am board certified in oral maxillofacial surgery and a member of many professional associations including:
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Society
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Wisconsin Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
I am on staff at several area hospitals including:
- Woodstock Memorial Medical Center
- Northern Illinois Medical Center
- Burlington Memorial Medical Center
- Lakeland Medical Center
- Condell Memorial Hospital
I am certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
I am married, with three children. My wife, Victoria, and I currently reside in Vernon Hills, Illinois. I enjoy spending time with family and friends, golfing, fishing, hunting, traveling and Oklahoma football.