I was born in Cherry Point, North Carolina and raised in Plainfield, Indiana. My undergraduate studies were completed at Indiana University in Bloomington, where I received a B.S. in Biology. I completed my dental undergraduate studies at Indiana University School of Dentistry.
My oral and maxillofacial surgery residency was completed at Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana, Illinois. I joined the OMS practice shortly after completion of residency. I am a member of many professional associations including:
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society, McHenry County Component President 2009 – 2010
- Wisconsin Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Academy of Osseointegration
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
I am on staff at several area hospitals including:
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital
- Aurora Medical Center in Burlington
- Aurora Lakeland Medical Center in Elkhorn
I am certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
I live in Crystal Lake, Illinois with my wife, Nicole, and three sons. I am involved in coaching multiple youth sports in the Crystal Lake area.