Dr. Conlon was born in Detroit, Michigan moving to the Chicago area before starting school and living there through high school. He attended Northwestern University from 1971-1973 on a wrestling scholarship. He left Northwestern in 1973 to continue his education at University of Illinois Medical Center, where he received his D.D.S. degree with honors in 1977. Dr. Conlon then completed his oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Memorial Hospital and affiliated institutions (1977-1980), serving as chief resident his last year. He joined Crystal Lake and Lake Geneva Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in July 1980. Since 1983 he has maintained an appointment as a clinical assistant professor in the department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Northwestern University Medical Center where he conducts diagnosis and treatment planning seminars with the residents, primarily in the area of corrective jaw surgery.
Dr. Conlon became a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 1983. He is currently a member of multiple professional organizations including:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Wisconsin Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Dr. Conlon is a past President of the Burlington Dental Society and also served as a delegate to the Wisconsin Dental Association annual meeting for several years.
Dr. Conlon is on the staff of five local hospitals:
- Memorial Medical Center, Woodstock
- Northern Illinois Medical Center
- Burlington Memorial Hospital
- Lakeland Medical Center
- Condell Memorial Hospital, Libertyville
Dr. Conlon is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Dr. Conlon lives in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and has been married since 1984. His wife is Cynthia Kelly Conlon, J.D., Ph.D. They have three children: Kevin, Caitlin and Molly. He enjoys many activities including sports, reading, boating, fishing, golf, tennis, skiing and theater. He has been involved in coaching multiple local youth sports (wrestling, basketball, baseball and softball) in the Lake Geneva area.