Dr. Bruksch was born in Chicago, Illinois and raised in the Chicago suburbs. He attended Northwestern University on a baseball scholarship and received his bachelors degree. He completed his undergraduate dental education at the University of Illinois.
Dr. Bruksch spent the following year at Hennipen County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota on a general dental internship. He completed his oral and maxillofacial residency at the University of Minnesota. Dr. Bruksch joined our practice thereafter and obtained Diplomate status from the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He is a member of multiple professional associations including:
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Illinois Delegate
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, President
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society, President McHenry County Component
- Wisconsin Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
For many years, Dr. Bruksch was the Chairman of the Anesthesia Committee for the Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, which oversees an office evaluation process in which all oral and maxillofacial surgical offices are visited to certify that they meet the office anesthetic standards set forth by the society. He is on staff at several area hospitals including:
- Woodstock Memorial Medical Center
- Northern Illinois Medical Center
- Burlington Memorial Medical Center
- Lakeland Medical Center
Dr. Bruksch is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Dr. Bruksch and his wife Jeanne reside in Crystal Lake, Illinois, and they have four children. He enjoys all outdoor activities but is particularly active in men’s senior baseball leagues.