Dr. VanOven was born in Newport, Arkansas and raised in Comanche, Oklahoma. After high school, Dr. VanOven served five years in the United States Army. During the course of his enlistment, he served as an Airborne Infantry Medic with the 82nd Airborne Division. Upon completion of active duty he began his undergraduate studies at the University of Oklahoma. He completed his dental studies at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry while serving as a dental officer in the United States Army Reserves. Following graduation, Dr. VanOven was in private practice for two years as a general dentist and an associate professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry in the department of prosthodontics.
Dr.VanOven completed his oral and maxillofacial surgery residency in 2009 at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. He joined our practice in July 2011. Dr. VanOven is board certified in oral maxillofacial surgery and a member of many professional associations including:
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Society
- Illinois Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Wisconsin Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
Dr. VanOven is on staff at several area hospitals including:
- Woodstock Memorial Medical Center
- Northern Illinois Medical Center
- Burlington Memorial Medical Center
- Lakeland Medical Center
- Condell Memorial Hospital
Dr. VanOven is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Dr. VanOven is married and has three children. He and his wife, Victoria currently reside in Vernon Hills, Illinois. He enjoys spending time with family and friends, golfing, fishing, hunting, traveling and Oklahoma football.